Career change?!
Can it really be called a career change if I never had a career? Anyway: the point is that I'm starting to walk in a new direction in life and I hope it goes well. I've applied to some pharmacy apprenticeships but I honestly kinda doubt they're gonna get back to me soooo.... I want to go to university.
It conceptually sounds like a bad idea. I struggled a lot in high school and college but to be honest I think I was a lot more careless when I was younger... I was fairly lazy and apathetic about school... amongst other things lol. Lockdown just made this a lot worse. I think I'm just afraid I'm going to start my adulthood and be aimless forever... so I've been stewing over what to do with my life for a while now. I'm definitely still going to struggle with school, but I really want to try. I want to have a stable job one day in something I'm interested in...
So here's the weird part: when I finished my GCSEs (high school for Americans), I decided I wanted to run away from more academic subjects and became an art student. I enjoyed it for what it's worth, I met a lot of lovely friends and I think most notably I made Aquamarine for my final project. To be honest I just think my course/college was lacking and I didn't feel very fulfilled... I felt like I didn't actually learn much.
So you probably think I'm going to do some kind of creative degree and while I definitely could, I just hate every aspect of the concept. For one, I think I'm a lot happier when art is a hobby rather than my job and everything I do. Two... the industry is kind of in shambles. I guess that goes for every industry tho? lol
I want to go into biomedical science... I've always enjoyed science and I grew up surrounded by a lot of medical influence in my life. I'll have to see if I even get accepted into any universities, but I think I can do it...!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I kind of regret going into art and I'm a little bit worried about the change but it didn't come out of no where...
Hi Roid. Wanted a pic to break up the text a lil. I guess you could say that Roid's character as well as my Aquamarines (the twins and Atlas particularly) are reflective in my interest in science too... Albeit I'm a bit of a fraud right now and haven't studied science in years lol. I just quite enjoy those kinds of themes.
I've done a lot of research into degrees I can do and honestly this is the best pick for me. I briefly considered architecture too but that's a whole other monster in itself I think... I also honestly envy the uni experiences I'm missing out on too. I think it would do me well to go back into education and get out of the house more.
Another reason is to make my Mum happy... When I told her I wanted to go to university, she was really really happy. I'm happy too. I feel like I'm finally getting off my butt... I just needed some time to process what I really want.
If you read this post... please wish me luck... I want to do something more with my life... Thanx for reading!
I'll probs do another blog post before the end of the month...? Maybe!

No comments:
Post a Comment